Fresh 48 sessions are such a special way to remember your baby exactly how they were during those first couple of days you spend together in the hospital. A couple of things you will need to know going into a fresh 48 session:
1. Dress comfortable. These sessions are usually done the day after you have given birth (or the 2nd day after giving birth) so dress in whatever makes you comfortable. Remember you are in the hospital so you don't have to look impressive.
2. Swaddles. Bring lots of different swaddles. We will use some to wrap baby in and then some to lay down underneath baby. Different swaddles will give your gallery a variety of images which is always fun!
3. Outfits. Baby will not necessarily need an outfit but if you would like to bring one you are more than welcome to. We generally keep them wrapped up and only unwrap for detail shots of toes and fingers which I generally suggest the hospital shirt for.
4. Hats and Headbands. I bring a variety of hats for little boys and headbands for little girls with me but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
5. Props. I don't use many props during these sessions but a letter board announcing baby and their stats make for a fun addition to your photos. Feel free to bring in your own or if you are interested but do not own one, I have a couple I can bring as well.
These sessions are very relaxed and we go at the pace of the baby. They generally last about an hour. Siblings are welcome to join as well as grandparents. I recommend not overcrowding the room (especially a tiny one!) so that we have plenty of space to work.